The Jewelsure Jewellery Repair and Replacement Insurance Policy
Jewelsure Jewellery Insurance provides Worldwide cover meaning you are insured while you are travelling overseas.
The insurance is underwritten by certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, One Lime Street, London EC3M 7HA. This product is issued by Quantum Underwriting Agencies Pty Ltd under a binding authority agreement given by the Insurer.
The Jewelsure Jewellery Repair and Replacement Insurance Policy can be purchased through your approved Jewelsure jeweller or through Jewelsure Administrator P: 1800 Jewelsure
Before you make any decision about whether to acquire the policy you should obtain and read the product disclosure statement (PDS) for the policy. The PDS is available on www.jewelsure.com.au.
The Jewelsure Jewellery Repair and Replacement
Insurance Policy offers:
24 hours per day, 365 days per year cover
The ability to add additional items of jewellery to your Jewelsure Jewellery Repair and Replacement Insurance Policy
For a Total Loss a policyholder can receive up to 125% of the sum insured or an additional $50,000, whichever the lesser, provided a Replacement Cost Valuation was issued within the last 36 months and the item was insured for this amount
Like for like repair or replacement of your jewellery item
Nil excess payable on claims
In the event of a claim the policyholder can return to their original jeweller of choice to have the item repaired or replaced rather than a panel jeweller nominated by the insurance assessor
In the event of a claim the policyholder can return to their Jewelsure approved jeweller to have the item repaired or replaced
How does this differ from other similar insurance policies?
There are a number of differences between our policy and standard household policies or other jewellery insurance policies. For example:
- You may only be covered at home, or within the Region that you live
- Please note that even if you have global cover under your household policy, there is often a time period limitation for the time that you may be out of Australia, i.e. trips not lasting more than 14 days.
- Cover can be taken out without the need for a household policy
- You may have a limit on the value for each item – quite often the maximum limit is as low as $500 per item
- You may have a limit on the value for your entire collection of jewellery – quite often the maximum limit is as low as $1,000 per collection
- Applicable excesses are invariably $100, $250 or more
- You may be forced to go to one of the insurer’s suppliers – Jewelsure allows you to go to your preferred Jewelsure approved jeweller
- Insurers suppliers may try and replace the precious metals or stones with inferior products in the event of a claim
- Cash offers from an insurer are invariably lower than the actual amount of the insurance.
This Policy is underwritten by certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, One Lime Street, London EC3M 7HA
This product is issued by Quantum Underwriting Agencies Pty Ltd ABN 68 131 910 542. Quantum Underwriting Agencies is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Quantum Insurance Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 71 163 019 485 AFS License No: 451134
Established in 2004, Quantum Underwriting Agencies Pty Ltd (Quantum) has grown to become the largest, specialist Specie underwriting agency in the Southern Hemisphere by premium volume written. The directors have a combined 70years specialising in Fine Art & Jewellery Insurance. Quantum writes Specie business throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific Region.
Kalin Insurance Services – General Insurance Broker
Kalin was appointed as Jewelsure administrator in November 2019.
Kalin has a team of highly experienced Professionals, all of whom are Qualified Practising Insurance Brokers with over 40 years’ experience, both here in Australia and internationally. Kalin offers specialised insurance solutions individually tailored for clients’ requirements.